Spittin' Chiclets with RA, Biz, and Whit: Interview with Rip Wheeler! (Part 2!)

Spittin' Chiclets with RA, Biz, and Whit: Interview with Rip Wheeler! 

Part 2: 

Rip: Well, Girts, our goon or sometimes straight up goblin, ya know he loves to crank up some AC/DC before every game. Apparently, it's good luck cuz he’s ya know knocked out half the league at this point. I’m more of a legion of doom guy, ya know uh, rocking out to uh the Ol iron man banger before the games…other than that it’s uh ya know, post game whiskey and “See-Gars” as old Niners likes to put it! 

RA: Sounds like you guys like to live it up…but are you guys all stuck in 1994 watching Bret Hart, Hulk Hulkster and Sean Michael’s tear it up?! Haha But on a serious note, Rip, you guys are makin' some noise in Vancouver. What's the feeling in the locker room with the playoffs just around the corner?

Rip: There's a good buzz, uh ya know with the uh boys, a real good buzz. We got the talent, the chemistry, and let's not forget that good Ol Vancouver riotous spirit. We're hungry for a shot at the cup, that's for sure.

Biz: Well, we're pullin' for ya, Rip! Listen, before we let you go, any good off-ice stories for the listeners? Something to give them a glimpse into the wild world of the VHL?

Rip: Oh boy, where do I even fucking start huh boys?! Alright, how about this one. We're on a road trip in uh Moscow? Dead of winter, coldest place I’ve ever uh been ya know. We won, so Vlad was big mad!…anyways. We get back to the hotel after a game, and there's Niners, in the lobby, shirtless, housing some stoli vodka and doing snow angels. Turns out, the hot water pipes burst in his room, and that was his way of coolin' down! We might be on the uh ya know, the uh FSBs most wanted list, but all and all…ya know uh, we gotta out of there with uh a, a win, some Russian vodka, some smokeshow Russian maidens and by the skin of our teeth baud! Winners all around! 

Whit: Sounds like a typical night for the boys from Van! 

Rip: There you go, Whit. It’s what we do! You boys take care, and thanks for havin' me on!

RA: Thanks for joining us, Rip! Best of luck to you and the Wolves in the playoffs!

Biz: And hey, if you boys win the cup, we’ll be coming to the parade in our favorite WWF attire, smashing stoli vodka all the way!