A Busy Offseason in Davos

:dav:

Davos, Switzerland -- For a team with so many recent draft picks, one would be forgiven for thinking that HC Davos Dynamo would continue their rebuilding ways. However, that's not the Davos front office's style - there are moves to be made.

Out go starters from last season's team, such as the beloved Carson Walker Jr. and the final season forward Ellis Woolfenden. And coming in are longtime D.C. defenseman Ben Laas and recent top five pick UghSike, both of whom promise to make an immediate impact on the roster. Plus, there's still a draft and free agency ahead that promise even more shake-ups.

To Antonia Bucatini, about to enter her second season with the top club, the moves are exciting. "It's always great to have new faces to meet, and I'm loving Laas and UghSike so far," Bucatini said. "But perhaps just as much, it show this team's going for it. I'm excited to see how far we get."

Could it mean Davos is eyeing a playoff bid? With London joining Helsinki and Prague in rebuilding, it could certainly seem so. And that prospect is tantalizing to Bucatini.

"I think we're building something special here, not just for the long-term with all the young players, but in the short-term too," she added. "I hope people get on board, because I'm ready for a fun ride!"