Rave Named to Team World For S94 World Cup

Team rosters for the S94 World Cup are starting to be announced, and today Team World announced theirs. Malmo forward Phillip Rave was among the 12-player roster, which is actually pretty heavy on S91 draftees with Rave joining Thor Reingaard, Leif Reingaard, Joshua Schwarzer, Mina, and Grimgor Ironhide on the team.

The six S91 players are joined by Lachlan Summers and 36W in net, Jebediah Big Ol Doinks In Amish (a former teammate of Rave's) and Walter Fitzroy Jr. on defense, and Axle Gunner and Severus Targaryen up front. It's a roster that is not only heavy on S91 players, but also on Greenlanders, with both Reingaards, Gunner, and Targaryen.

All 6 of the S91 draft class players on Team World played in the S91 world juniors, though largely on different teams - Rave played for Europe, Ironhide and both Reingaards played for World, Mina played for USA, and Schwarzer played for Canada. Rave finished that tournament tied for third with 6 goals and eighth with 11 points; Mina and Schwarzer also each had 11 points in the tournament. But it was Ironhide and the Reingaards who captured gold for Team World that year, defeating Rave's European squad in the gold medal game.

"I think it's a great squad, it'll be fun to be a part of it and get to play with all of these players. I haven't really had the fortune of playing with any of them yet in my career, and I'm looking forward to it," says Rave