Unemployed, and Seeking Divine Calling

Well, I got a couple claims here of JST Simmer pay, and it bought me some time to avoid writing a new Media Spot. It feels very strange seeing someone else’s name on the team you ran for a long time, and not having anything to prepare for in this offseason beyond plotting my build for Woods. It’ll be good to get some alone time with Woods, as I really haven’t gotten the opportunity to bond with her much in the M and E. I’ll be joining a star-studded Menace group that is fresh off a Continental Cup victory, with loads of assets in the tank and plenty of youth to take this for term. Gaining that longevity however has cost the Moscow team Axle Gunner and Leif Reingaard so far, with some options for wiggling still available. Leandro and I do not planning on coming in cheap either, so we’ll need to earn our spots, and our pay on this roster with good, consistent play.

When it comes to GMing, I’m hoping to take a step back and really evaluate what I can bring to the table, and where I can bring the most value at this stage in my VHL and beyond life. I’m not in front of the forums or Discord as much as I used to be. I’m very active at least once a day, but it’s not 8+ hours of the day anymore. Will I be again? Who knows! I start school again in September. I’m set to be unemployed once again at the end of September, and I’ll have plenty of productive reasons to be sat in front of my computer again. I’d love to find myself in a position to be a great, long-term VHLM GM again. I was at my happiest when I was there, I was feeling the most fulfilled as a VHL member when I was there, and I built the best connections while I was there. Being a first point of contact, a font of knowledge, and an inspirer of the masses, that’s my skillset. Am I happy with the current VHLM setup? More so than I was when I first started GMing, but there is so much I wish fit my vision of the VHLM, and I sense some serious barriers between what our goal is for VHL-ready players, and the processes we put them through to achieve that. So one of my goals this season is to really follow along the stories of the VHLM and VHLE, to build a first-hand model of the situation, and come up with a plan on how I can best use my skills to get more players ready for the VHL.

Something I’m considering doing, and which I’ll need to land some final details on, is running a side-by-side season with the VHLM/E implementing my changes and playing all of the GMs. Then, I would do my best to report my findings and make any changes for my testing next season! Obviously I can’t accurately simulate LR dynamics and root causes of activity and inactivity, but I can simulate a season of real-time events and see how the fluctuations of season, and some format changes could affect us directly. Anyways, that’s all for hypotheticals, and I’ll try to bring some concrete evidence to y’all soon!