500 Words About Random Things in the VHL

500 Words About Random Things in the VHL

George Richmond Sucks?

You heard it here folks. George Richmond sucks. I don't know why he actually is not doing well, maybe it's because I can't build with players, or due to the depth on this team being pretty solid, but I feel like every player I've had (only two) are pretty mid. I have won the cup with both players, so that's a pretty big plus, but besides that I don't think I've really done much. Richmond has 24 points in 23 games played and is barely above a point-per-game, and a -4. By the way, we're 15-6-2 with a +25 GD, so that means Richmond is just terrible. I don't know if it's the build, my teammates, myself, don't really know, but I wish I could be doing better and actively helping my team. If we end up losing this season, I'm going to probably be the first finger to point at as I have around 1000 TPE and not really doing much. I hope I can turn it around and actually pick it up, being a valuable asset to Moscow. I would like to win an award eventually, don't really care what award it is. The Two-Way forward award would be really nice though, so maybe that one would be my favorite to win.

Chicago Phoenix Off to a Good Start

On another note, Chicago has been off to a good start, but NA is stacked. We need to continue to pick up wins, otherwise we're going to drop out of the playoffs fast. I don't really see any teams selling this season, hell, even LA is putting up a case to be a wildcard team. We lost to Prague, somehow, so we've got to wake up or we're going to drop in the standings. I probably could optimize my lineup better, but I don't think it's going to make much of a difference at the end of the day. NA is stacked and even one loss can hurt you, so we've got to step it up for sure moving forward.

Random Ramblings

First off, how does Shubham Anand have 44 points in 22 games played and why can't Richmond do that? Maybe my build compared to his is just not it, but those numbers are crazy. I wish one day we could see someone drop like 150+ points in this era, but it seems very unlikely. I don't know who it's going to be, but I hope someone can do it. 200 points or more would be absolute insanity, but honestly at this point in the VHL, probably impossible. We've already got two 20 goal scorers this season in Shubham Anand and Catia Goncalves, maybe they can drop 60? I mean probably not, but would be sick if they end up doing so. They aren't shooting that crazy high, around 12%, so I feel like maybe it's possible? Then again, I don't know the VHL average shooting %, usually I see anywhere between 8-10%, but I don't actually know the full average. Regardless, I hope some sort of record is broken this season cause it's always fun when those are broken.

Thanks for reading this absolute chaos article. I don't even know what I was going for, but I really didn't have anything crazy to write this week.

Honestly, we lost a fair amount of talent this offseason and now we're back to letting young players into the starting lineup. I think the goal for this season was to hope our first line would drive most of our offense and our second line would just not be a liability, which does suck a bit for your production. But I'll see what I can do for special teams when I'm back.