Theme Week

MubbleFubbles

I'm struggling for ideas so I'll just go with this one, I'll go through the now-retired winners of the ROTY trophy and score their careers as a whole.

Season 88 - Lachlan Summers
9.5/10

Obvious Hall of Famer with three Goalie of the Year trophies, two MVPs and one Most Outstanding Player trophy along with a Continental Cup where they had a very good playoff series. If there is a knock against them, I'd say that their overall playoff numbers are maybe a little low for the era they occupied (the vast majority of their career took place in an era with the highest save percentages so .921 is not super great for that era) but their regular season performance was exceptional enough to offset that. 

Season 87 - Matt Murdock
8.5/10

Murdock was a very good goalie who put up some very good numbers across their career with Moscow and Prague but never quite good enough to win the regular season awards, with their first full season being the most unfortunate where they were in a three-way tie for the best save percentage in the league. They did however get a Playoff MVP trophy in their Continental Cup winning campaign of Season 90. Their overall save percentage playoff numbers are the same as Summers as, while they obviously had some very good playoffs, they also had some pretty rough ones, finishing below .9% in two playoff seasons. They also somehow managed to never play a game in the World Cup which, for a player of that standard, is insane.

Season 86 - John Jameson
9.5/10

While the numbers for Jameson in their rookie season look quite low with just 67 points, despite having spent a season in the VHLE, it's indicative of the struggles that rookie skaters had during the early hybrid era. However, Jameson was able to break through and go on to win many more trophies over the course of their career, including one MVP trophy and was on the same Prague team as Murdock when they lifted the Season 90 Continental Cup. The only reason that they aren't 10 is that I'm kinda viewing 10 as O'Malley/Campbell region, which they don't hit, but fully deserving of their HOF induction. 

Season 85 - Molly The Cat
7.5/10

While Molly The Cat was a tremendous TPE earner, sometimes that effort doesn't efficiently correlate in the sim as well as we would expect (The ultimate case study for this being Ryan Kastelic), and while they did have a very good penultimate season where they finished third in the league in points and a pretty strong sophomore season where they finished in the top 25 in points, there were just a few too many season where they were hovering around a point per game for a player who ended with over 1800 TPE. Their playoff numbers are actually very good though which is why I couldn't give them a flat 7 as they were a key contributor to London's playoff success under their son's management.