Tate for Commissioner - 5 Sim Days a Week

Tate

Doing sims five days a week instead of every day actually makes a lot more sense for the health of the VHL. First off, having to run a sim every single day is a lot, even if it only takes a few minutes. The daily grind can wear down the league's simmers and admins. Everyone needs a little time to breathe, and weekends off give that much needed pause. It allows people to step away, recharge, and come back more engaged.

Another key thing is the excitement factor. When you have sims every day, it becomes routine. There’s not much to look forward to because the next sim is always right around the corner. But with a couple of days off, anticipation builds. People get excited for the next sim day, and that energy helps keep things fresh. From a logistical standpoint, the weekend pause allows for better scheduling too. Admins have a bit more time to handle any behind the scenes work, check stats, or fix bugs. For players, it’s easier to fit the league into their schedules without feeling like they have to check in every single day. The break gives everyone some flexibility, and the structure is easier to manage for everyone involved.

Sure, daily sims might keep things moving fast, but having those two days off keeps the league feeling more balanced, helps prevent burnout, and ultimately leads to better participation overall.

Vote for Tate

george costanza finger point GIF by HULU

• Commissioner

It sounds strangely counterproductive but I would argue having sims daily actually makes sure they happen in a weird way. Any time I’m away or whatever and have a few days off doing them I get back and nearly forget that I have to. I would imagine if we had weekends off sims on Monday would be missed pretty frequently as we’d just get used to not doing them and forget.

Now of course it’s also possible that the routine change would just get burned in so we’d remember anyway but yeah, routine keeps things going in a lot of ways.

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

Now of course it’s also possible that the routine change would just get burned in so we’d remember anyway but yeah, routine keeps things going in a lot of ways.

Don’t be fooled by this post.  The Villain has taken over @Tate.  There is something secretly going on in the caves and The Villain wants control of the VHL.  Just listen to those podcasts and you will get all the details.  The Villain is a devious bastard!

I prefer daily sims for a couple of reasons:

1. It keeps the seasons moving at a fair pace. When you total an entire players career it can end up being half a year by the time someone's done with their player. That's a lot of commitment, and slowing things down by 20% would make it such that you might not even get two careers out of one full years worth of time. 

2. During the playoffs, players for teams that don't make it already have to wait a long time between the offseason and playoffs. You'd be looking at maybe a months worth of downtime before someone would skate again if they missed the playoffs. I don't think that would be good for player retention - the single most important facet of growth for basically anything.