Kovalenko Ends Season As D-man Points Leader

With all 72 games now played in the VHLM regular season, Slava Kovalenko, captain of the Mississauga Hounds, captured first place in defenseman points with 89. Having led the category for most of the season, it may come as no surprise to many that the defenseman was able to hang onto that position, but Kovalenko was modest as always when we reached out to him for comment.

"While I'm of course stoked to be the leader in defenseman points, I feel like I wouldn't have gotten there without everybody else on the team. The forwards for scoring when I passed it to them and some of the others for getting the puck to me. Hockey's a team game. I didn't get there on my own and the other fellas stepped up too when it was needed, so they definitely deserve some of the spotlight as well. Ozzy, Albin, Sam, Cody, Clapper, Kurt, Ron, Doc, Jay and Laimdots left their hearts out there and I did my best not to let any of them down."

The Hounds finished second in the Eastern Conference and third overall in the VHLM, which means that they will be moving on to the postseason and hoping to replicate their success in hopes of winning the Founders Cup.

(word count: 212)

Edited by OblivionWalker