Aldgard loved Mississauga

animal74

When defenseman Albin Aldgard left Sweden to test what opportunities were in North America, he landed in as good a spot as he could have hoped for with the contending Mississauga Hounds of the VHLM. One of the top teams in the league were looking for some depth in their playoff quest and Aldgard provided just that. In the 16 regular season games in which he played, Aldgard acquitted himself nicely as the Hounds went 11-5-1 with Aldgard in the lineup to finish the season in 2nd place in the Eastern Conference and 3rd overall with a 46-20-6 record for 98 points. Aldgard didn’t look out of place providing some offense and handling his defensive duties. He didn’t hit the scoresheet until his fourth game when he registered his first VHLM assist and provided seven more points the rest of the way to finish his stint with four goals and four assists for eight points in 16 games. He also had a +10 rating and provided just over a shot and a hit per game while scoring his first three goals on the power play and notching a game-winner.

The 5’ 10” Swede, who has garnered comparisons to the Vancouver Canucks’ Quinn Hughes, stepped it up in the playoff with 2-4-6 in 9 games as they swept the Houston Bulls in the first round but were stopped short in five games by their Eastern rivals, the Philadelphia Reapers.

Overall, Aldgard loved his experience in Mississauga and looks forward to find out where he will play next.

Mississauga, the players, the management, they were great to me. I loved every minute playing for the Hounds. It was good for me to see what the next level of hockey is like and I feel like I played fairly well. I am excited for the draft to see where my next step will take me.