Der Meister's 4 Thoughts, Written at 6:30am on a Saturday Because His Wife Left the Light on When She Got Out of Bed

der meister

We're in that weird part of the D.C. Dragons' offseason where I don't really know what to do anymore. The league keeps on spinning, a digital wheel in the digital sky, if you'll excuse the bastardization of Journey lyrics, but from an individual standpoint, there just isn't much of anything. Missing the playoffs certainly exacerbates this feeling.

I'm a pretty transparent dude, so I feel comfortable enough in this community to share that I just wrapped up a work-related series of therapy sessions. I won't say that everything is fixed and right in the world, but I have reached a point where I know where to go from here, so that is progress, and I think just being able to spill my guts helped me reach that point. 8/10, recommended experience.

Back to D.C., we have a new General Manager. I've yet to speak to @qripll but am optimistic he'll be able to bring us from pretender to contender. And he replied to my bean ranking in a positive way, so he's good with off the cuff silliness, which is always a plus. 

Finally, a quick shoutout to the Buffalo Sabres, who went undefeated in the preseason with two completely separate squads. Basically what I learned is that the Rochester Americans are better than the Baby Sens, who are better than the Toronto Maple Leafs.