Another star bites the dust

Greg_Di

After the trade of Pombo from LA, the stars were shocked with more news when rookie samsayz i-smell decided to retire without playing one vhl game. 

The 7th overall draft pick in the S95 draft was set to be a significant prospect for the Stars and was expected to play his first full season in the VHL this season.

"Not sure what that was all about, as far as I knew they were excited to come play for us and then right before training camp they decide to hang up their skates for good " Roger says "It's quite baffling to me, they were a very solid player and could have done some good things in the VHL. That's hockey I guess and we just have to move on. Will make things tougher with this loss but we still have some great players on this team"

It is not yet known if LA management will look for any replacements or if they will start the season with what they have. With Roger's goal being to make at minimum the wildcard this season, this retirement may put a dent in those ambitions. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the off-season plays out in LA.