Aldgard Excited for JST Game 7

animal74

After the Royals lost Game 6 in overtime 4-3 to the Rush in the Junior Showcase Tournament Final, Royals’ blueliner Albin Aldgard will get to do something for the first time in his career – play in a Game 7.

Sure, I’m bummed we didn’t win in six games, but to play in a Game 7, that’s going to be wild,” said Aldgard after today’s morning skate. “My whole junior and pro career in Sweden, I only played in a few playoff games. And with the Hounds last season, the series were short, so this will be a first for me playing in a winner-take-all Game 7. I’m excited!

After a slow start offensively to the JST playoffs, Aldgard has started to find the scoresheet and now has a goal and five assists in 13 playoff games. He has been struggling in the playoffs after a great regular tournament – really a tale of two players almost - as he is tied for last on the team with a rating of -8 (partially because five of his six points have come on the power play) and he’s second in penalty minutes with 16. He hopes the adrenaline of Game 7 will help him play his best and lead the Royals to a JST championship.