The Wise Words of Mook

Ramicus

I have spoken to a great many people on this site. There are some with whom I have spoken many times, while others have been one time occasions. One person with whom I particularly enjoy conversing is Mook. We have a grand time. He's pretty cool, and very patriotic. I will now share some words of wisdom given to me just for this little article.

“Start working out as soon as possible. Ladies love a man who would do damage if they choose to beat them” This is a strange thing to say, I think. I definitely understand the sentiment, though, especially as an overweight man. Definitely good advice, but I'll give a quick PSA: DON'T BEAT WOMEN. YOU WILL BE ARRESTED.

“Don't ever stop playing hockey, if you don't play hockey, start.” I don't play hockey. I never have. Well, I played goalie in camp one summer, but that was street hockey. I know Mook, though, and I think he's saying to find something active that you really enjoy, which in his case is hockey, and to not stop just because you get old and have more responsibilities.

“Get your body accustomed to getting 6-8 hours of sleep. When you go to get a job, depending on 10 hours of sleep is just going to suck for you.” When I read the beginning, I was expecting the end to be about getting a proper amount of sleep. I was very mistaken. I think I'm good on this front, though. I get five to six hours a night during the week.

“Don't get married at 20, even if you know she is the one for you, give it till after university.” I trust Mooky because he's got some experience here, but I don't quite see the reason for this. In the words of so many people, there's no time like the present.

“Once you are out of high school, avoid high school drama.” Even when you're in high school, high school drama absolutely sucks. I can't imaging why anyone would want to be involved in it much past that.

“Don't rush life, you'll just miss it quicker.” Implying that we miss it no matter what? It certainly sounds good, though. Take some time to smell the sawdust (I've always liked the smell of sawdust). This actually seems to be a common message in these things.