Chuck Goody cnc

Nike

Nice work on the splatters and blending. Three things that I would work on.:

1. text. Try to use some really simple fonts, Arial, Helvetica, Times New Roman, or grab Roboto online. Check out this post: http://www.vhlforum.com/index.php?/topic/2501-jacks-guide-to-making-not-shitty-sigs/ for some inspiration and tips regarding text and other things.

2. Lighting/colouring. Make a new layer on top of everything and set it to Soft Light. Using a large, soft brush on ~40% opacity, start brushing white and black. White in areas you want to bring out, and black in areas you want to push back. Next, make another layer on top and set it to Color Dodge. With a smaller round brush on around 70% opacity, click a few spots to really highlight them.

3. Finishing touches. In the link I posted above, look at the last section (5.0: Final Touches). Try to follow those steps

Following the steps I just outlined using your sig as the base layer, I went from this:

GoodyDAT_zpsfb63bb8f.png

To this:

lwEo8hz.png

Overall, the two images look very similar, but one has a more, "complete", feel than the other.

Let me know if you have any questions about the steps I outlined.

Okay, so I took some of these tips (Thanks btw!) and gave this another couple of goes. The first round, I didn't like much of the edit. I felt that the lighting I did was a little overpowering. So I saved, then hit the reset button and tried again.

I worked on the lighting and the finishing touches (some are misnamed because GIMP is a pain, but I did my best). Text will be the next focus, but for now I'm trying to master the image itself. Here are my originals and two touched up versions.

Original:

GoodyDAT_zpsfb63bb8f.png

V2:

GoodyDAT2_zps6a804e06.png

V3:

GoodyDAT3_zps1a02c131.png