Claimed:Meeting the Rookies gone wrong [Final 6/6]

Duddy

2013_FF_Yale_Postgame_Press_Conference_0

Just 3 days after the Draft, the Ottawa Lynx called the press in for an official “meet the prospects” press conference at the Arena. While the press eagerly waited on the show to begin, one Lynx prospect took matters into his own hands. Thomas Duddy, the first pick of the second round, took the stage after pacing around the arena for the last few hours. Looking quite unhappy, the seasoned hockey veteran decided he wasn’t about to let it go. He didn't agree with how the Draft went and this is what he had to say:

“I’m not mad, I’m not mad, I AM NOT MAD. I’m freaking livid as how this draft turned out, no that’s not the right word, I’m disgusted with how this Draft turned out.  You always try to play by their rules, you try to be the Mr. nice Guy. You try everything in your power to have them like you. And how do they repay you? By spitting on you and letting you down. Time and time again you wait for them to call your name, you’d think friendship means anything to those people, but it doesn’t. They sweet talk you and at the same time they stab a knife in your back. Without even thinking twice, they just let you fall down. Some would say they do that because of their own insecurity. They just want to feel all warm and fuzzy inside, not wanting to go against the grain. Just be a sheep, pick who the people love, pick the people that talk too much, pick the people that pulled wool over their eyes. Those people pretend to be the savior, the architect of success for their teams, but they aren’t and probably will never be.  They rather take someone that pleases the fans instead of having a force on the ice. Something unheard and unseen in this league. Don’t get it twisted, I ain’t letting of my own GM in any shape or form. He passed on me as well, multiple times.  And every time he passed one me, my Rage grew bigger, my hatred for everything that even slightly resembles this league became stronger and stronger. But I kept my cool, at least on Draft day.  And not that our ownership has decided to trot us out here like some circus pony’s, doing some stupid tricks for all you to enjoy. They dressed us up nicely, wanting us to wear Ottawa Lynx gear and being the good little soldiers we are, we obligated. At least for now.  I’m done with being a team player, I’m done with being a trained monkey, I’m sick and tired of it. I never considered myself to be Jesus, not even a part time savior. But all of you can and will worship me, say your prayers, because the VHL world is about to change.

I’m not Jesus, I will not forgive

tumblr_mmnjqfjteK1r0tytoo1_500.gif

Than the lights went out and Thomas Duddy was gone, leaving 20 journalists, his fellow teammates and his GM dumb footed behind. Still in shock the Lynx GM told everybody in the room that todays media day will be postponed until further notice.

Content: 3/3 - Interesting article, taking out your draft anger in a media spot. :) I hope you live up to your cockiness.

Grammar: 2/2 - Not enough to take any points away. Just some little things.

"Mr. nice Guy" - Mr. Nice Guy. It should all be capitals since it's a name

"They rather" - They would rather. They'd rather.

"Don’t get it twisted, I ain’t letting of my own GM in any shape or form." - letting OFF

"passed one me, my Rage grew" - passed ON me. Also rage shouldn't be capitalized.

"circus pony’s" - circus ponies.

"is about to change." - you're missing a quotation at the end of the quote

"Than the lights went out" - then

Appearance: 1/1 - Everything looks pretty good.

Overall: 6/6