Campbell skips out on practice

Banackock

An unusual scene in Brampton earlier today as the team took to the ice for their Thursday morning skate and Blake Campbell was no where to be seen throughout the entire duration of the practice. When coaching staff and teammates were asked of his whereabouts, they stated it was personal and at the time would not be mentioned to the public. This got us thinking, is there trouble going on in Brampton that has been swept under the rug in hopes of the public not finding out? Is Blake Campbell looking to leave the Blades and find a new team? Campbell has never been the type to miss any type of event for his organizations, whether it be team meetings, friendly gathering or any case which will help him learn and gain experience/improvement. 

*update*

Hours after the practice has concluded, Blake Campbell was seen pulling up in his vehicle and entering the building. On his way out, we managed to catch up to him to see if he would release any information regarding the situation.

"Oh no, there's absolutely no trouble going on within the Locker Room of the Brampton Blades. We have an amazing group of guys in here and the management is excellent. We've been finding wins and are currently sitting in 2nd in the league with a huge gap starting to show between us and the Gladiators. It also feels good to be on a 10 game winning streak. I haven't been playing overly strong lately which is disappointing but our record speaks for itself and I did just earn my 4th shutout this season and of my career."

When asked why he wasn't at practice this is what he had to say.

"One of my good friends I've known for a long time were expecting their child and It was supposed to come last night. After my visit last night, we made the assumption it would happen today. They're wanting to name me the god father, so it's very important to me to be there and show support. Sure enough, the little bundle of joy showed up today and I got to her when she was just over an hour old. It was a good day and I'm happy for them."