Landry Feels Good

Doomsday

Landry Feels Good 

TomLandry3.jpg

TURKU - Although the year hasn't exactly been a good one for the Turku Outlaws, Assistant General Manager and Head Coach Thomas Landry isn't feeling terribly bothered by it.

"It's not all bad," said the former HC Davos Dynamo standout following an 8-2 loss to the Brampton Blades. "You don't want to lose, especially not like tonight, but sometimes those are just the cards you're dealt. This wasn't a season we were really meant to compete, at least not seriously, but the boys are still out there fighting every game. I can't ask for much more than their best."

On the other hand, this season has given something Landry has not really had for nearly a decade: a year mostly free from stress.

"It's great to be able to really step back and not get too wound up about things," continued Landry. "Whether it was over keeping the boys focused, being prepared for the next game or coming through in the playoffs, none of those pressures are really there this year. It's a little weird, definitely not something I'm used to, nor will I get used to it. Another season's not too far off and we've got to be ready for that one too."

Jethro Novacek is a contributor to the MSFL Times, still doing the Ty Summers to this day. He enjoys not breaking his cell phone, the feeling of clothing straight out of the dryer and Rita's Italian Ice.