Claimed:The Struggle is Real [Final 6/6]

VHLwhat

The Struggle is Real

486580681-logan-couture-of-the-san-jose-

After a solid start for Jefferson Jackson in Minot, the teenager has really struggled of late in his play. Through 20 games, Jackson has only had a mere 10 points, the majority of which came in his first dozen games. As for why the recent struggles, the decrease in ice time as well as the lack of scoring threats on the ice with him, certainly plays a huge role. For more on the topic we asked Jackson himself and this is what he had to say:

hqdefault.jpg

Obviously I want to succeed every time I’m on that ice and do what I can to get my team a win. Unfortunately, these players are just flat out better than I am at this time. I’m only a kid and can only do so much at this point in my career but I think I have improved so much during my time here so far. I’ve really listened to my coaches and worked on what they think would be most beneficial for my career. I can already notice a drastic difference in my speed on the ice as well as my ability to handle the puck. I think that next season will really be my chance to shine in the VHLM before making the VHL. My personal goal is to work as hard as possible to become the best player I can be. Obviously I want to reach 100 points next season, the majority of which I would like to be assists. For now though, my focus is on becoming the best player I can be for the playoffs and winning the championship this season.

It’s obvious that Jefferson Jackson has a really high work ethic, that’s for sure. For someone who dominated the game at a young age like Jackson did, he hasn’t banked on that success carrying him in the professional ranks as he has quickly become one of the hardest workers on the squad. Even though he works hard to improve, his skill set is still so raw that he looks like a teenager going up against men every game and every day in practice. The coaching staff had this to say on Jackson:

sharks_ducks5_19.jpg

I think his potential is immense. I’ve seen players want to be great as much as Jefferson has but it’s hard to find someone who works has hard as he does to be great. While his skill set may be raw, I can see every day him polishing a part of his game that brings great joy into what I do. It sucks that he may be off to another team after our playoff run but I know he will continue to be great at whatever stop he has next. I only wish that at this point next season, we don’t get matched up with him because he will be the type of player that can win a game by himself.

Again some high praise for the kid who looks outmatched and lost on the ice at times. While he has the work ethic and potential, time will tell if that potential materializes into talent.

Content: 2/2- Good article buddy. Minot is a good strong team. 

Grammar 2/2- Nothing I could see, it looked like peaches and cream!

Appearance: 1/1- good title, really like how you quote when people are talking.

Keep up the good work.

Final 6/6