AGR: After Game Report

Banackock

The first two have come and gone and we've seen the Brampton Blades and the Oslo Storm each take a game so far. In game one, the Brampton Blades managed to come out on top with a 4-3 victory as Delicious and Wilcox handed it to the Storm. In game two, the Storm managed to strike taking it 5-3 in a very good effort from Kingma and Cola. The third game was a big one between these teams as the one game advantage in the series would be a nice comfort to have in the VHLM Finals (especially between these two explosive teams). 

The third game of the series seen a lot of action and very few penalties which is a huge change compared to game one (9) and game two (8). The first period seen the Oslo Storm fly out of the gates and score a Power Play goal less than 6 minutes into the game. However, as the period grew later and later, they started to play tag with the goal scoring and managed to end the period at a 2-2 tie. The second period was very well played by the teams, although no one was able to capitalize on any good scoring chances. We go to the third period still tied at two. The next period is the biggest one of the series hands down!

Then the game ended the same, yet opposite way of how it started. With less than 6 minutes gone by in the first, the Oslo Storm started the game and with less than 6 to go in the third, the Brampton Blades managed to end it. The magic pair of Wilcox and delicious came streaking up the ice passing it back and forth until Wilcox gained control over the oppositions blue line. Wilcox made a nifty deke passed the Storm's defensive pairing and shoved it in front to an alone Vincenzo Valentini who roofed it upstairs on Coca Cola. Game over. 

The Brampton Blades have taken the lead in the series, 2 games to 1, and are now riding with full confidence. Although out shot in game three 35-27, they received a huge effort from goaltender Blake Campbell who managed to turn all but 2 shots aside for a .943 SV%. Even though he may have got cheated for being one of the three stars of the game, we managed to catch up to him and talk about his teams and his performance during game 3 and the series.

"It always feels great to get the W, especially when you're the guy in net. For me, there's a lot of pressure to play good and play big. If we lose, or have trouble during a game, a lot of it's on me. If you don't have a guy you can have confidence in and depend on in net, you got a problem. Everyone has their offs game and throughout the season my numbers could have been stronger. It felt really good knowing that that strong performance was well rewarded. I felt good and things seemed to almost be in slow motion for me out there. Now we're up 2-1 and riding into game 4 with a good feeling.The boys have done great so far and we're finding ways to get the job done effectively. Now we need to carry this momentum into game 4.

Edited by Banackock