Graders in THE THUNDERDOME

I'm visiting the girlfriend this weekend, so I haven't been able to properly respond to this, but Squinty already covered a lot of what I was going to say. I am aware that grading (specifically writing grading) was going at a snail's pace. When I became HG, I PMed all of the current graders in order to see what they thought their grading level would be in order to gauge where we were after the move. After PMing everyone, I thought we were well covered. Obviously that hasn't been the case, but things come up in real life that obviously need to be taken care of before activities like the VHL. I wanted to give the current grading team the opportunity to get to the grading level I thought they would be at, but obviously that hasn't been the case. 

With the amount of discussion about the lack of grading, I figured there would be a healthy amount of applicants in order to become a writing grader. While I think the current applicants are definitely qualified, I figured there would be a larger pool of applicants to choose from given the number of people usually interested in getting a job in the league. 

Kendrick, I appreciate your dedication towards making sure the VHL is running smoothly and understand that grading being done in a timely fashion is important for a number of reasons, but you're wrong on a couple points. Doom has been great recently, but he literally just started grading again the other day. I knew he was busy before hand, so this wasn't a problem. Before Doom went on a grading spree, Toast did a great job towards the beginning of the season, but shit happens in real life that needs to be taken care of, so his grading dropped off recently. Others have graded off and on, some more than I expected and some less than I expected. After these hires, the grading roster will be updated with both additions and subtractions, and measures will be taken in order to reward consistent grading. Again, appreciate the concern, but let me do my job.