Claimed:Golden Jedtsson drafted by New York Americans [Final 6/6]

Kel

Manhattan, NY – Golden Jedtsson’s draft night was filled with anxious moments, doubt, fear, and joy. For a long time Jedtsson thought he was a lock for the first round, but then there was a surge of talent coming in from all positions and the dream of being a first round pick started to fade. Jedtsson’s skills were never doubted, but there was always doubt whether or not he could become a top two defenseman that could play both sides of the ice because there was never the work ethic to become the top prospect. Jedtsson waltzed into the VHLM believing he was the hottest commodity, but he wasn’t. There was stronger, better, quicker, and harder working prospects in the draft, so if he was hoping to become the top prospect he was going to need to change his ways before the others made a huge leap. Jedtsson still hasn’t learned as he sits at 131 practice hours while other prospects are nearing 200 practice hours and one prospect’s almost at 300 practice hours. Jedtsson answered a few questions at the draft press conference, one of them addressing his state with the team, “It’s surreal. There are incredible prospects in this draft class and I’m going to learn from them as I cannot remain being lazy. In my short time in New York the manager and I have discussed whether or not I can put the effort into becoming a top defenseman for the team. I’m in. I want to be the top defenseman for the future and it’s going to start now.”

Mastercard+Memorial+Cup+Championship+p2a

Golden Jedtsson and teammates celebrating after winning the Founder's Cup.

It’s no doubt that the reason Jedtsson dropped was because of his work ethic and rather not his attitude. However, he was caught in some trouble with the law earlier on before to play in the VHLM and when he was a part of the Maine Black Bears. Although, it’s reality that a college hockey star would find himself in wrong crowd, but Jedtsson’s turned that around ever since heading to Brampton. Along with that, his game has changed as well making him a stronger offensive player, but his game defensively has looked good. Despite his development, there’s still some time before we see Golden Jedtsson in the VHL.  Jedtsson touched on the topic of playing in Brampton in his post-draft press conference, “I didn’t enjoy Moscow. It wasn’t close to home – Sweden and it wasn’t close to my secondary home, which is North America. I felt lonely because there wasn’t much going around in the locker room and the team just focused on playing on the ice. There wasn’t an off ice relationship. However, they did have a desire to win and I believe that they’ll be a strong team this season. Then, I was traded to the Brampton Blades. I wasn’t shocked because I was aware that the team was trying to gain more depth and to do that there would need to be a trade. I’m not going to say anything on the trade, but I’m going to say that I loved my time in Brampton. Terence Fong taught me the ropes and helped me become more adjusted to playing a two way game. I’m excited for the season to come.” 

Edited by John