Free Falling

Brampton, ON -- Camera's and reporters swarmed newly drafted Brampton prospect Maxime Perron on Tuesday after he arrived in town days after being drafted by the squad. Met firstly by General Manager Xiao, Perron was grinning from ear to ear excited to be a part of the team. Reporters noted that the spot he was taken in the draft, 17th overall, had no effect on the young kid.

"You take it in stride," Perron said Tuesday "it's a learning experience, and obviously the GMs saw that they had better options ahead of me. All I'm out to do now is play my best and hope that Brampton is very happy getting me so low in the draft. It's very exciting to be here on a championship winning team, and I hope I can bring just as much success to the team this season."

He stated that he was slightly disappointed when he kept hearing other names over his, but that it didn't matter to him either way, all he wanted to do was play hockey. Now Perron is ready to take on the season in the VHLM. After finishing out last season playing in both Harvard and Yukon, he is ready to be a full time hockey player, and get himself ready for the VHL draft.

"It's extremely exciting to know it is going to be just at the end of this season that I am drafted into such an excellent league. I can only hope I impress more than I did to end last season."