Labatte Enjoying Renewed Success

sterling

After three seasons of top netminding in the VHL, Alex Labatte was expecting big things, but that didn't exactly happen in S34 when the goalie logged what was his worst season in a number of years. Coming into S35, his last in the league, he wanted to finish on a high note. Thus far, Labatte has arguably been an MVP candidate with his stellar play. Calgary has the strongest top line in the league, but they have little depth and a laughable lack of defensemen on the roster. There has been a lot of talk about other goalies in the league, mostly because they like to toot their own horn, but Labatte is still proving his worth halfway through S35.

"I've had the good fortune of playing better the past ten or so games. There must be something in the water of something, I don't know, but I see us as having a good shot at the Cup this year. We have the top talent in the league at several positions, we just need to find some depth in the system. I expect it to be an interesting finish to my career," said Labatte.