Claimed:Jedtsson talks about living in Brampton [Final 6/6]

Kel

Brampton, ON – Golden Jedtsson continues to impress both his VHL and farm team’s staffs and fans. He’s quickly adjusted from being a lazy prospect with no work ethic to a prospect who’s been training nonstop ever since his name was called with the 11th overall pick in the second round by the New York Americans at the season 43 VHL Entry Draft. Jedtsson’s agent spoke in an interview on Jedtsson’s development, “I remember going up to the kid before the draft and telling him. You’re not going to be picked early. Actually, you’ll be lucky to be selected in the first round. Those words knocked him down, but he needed to hear those words. He wasn’t trying. He was expecting to come into the games with everything handed to him, but now he’s working for that number one defenseman role and he’s excelling with the role. He’s determined and dedicated. New York selected a reliable defenseman to begin their future on the backend as it’s without no prospects right now. However, soon the Americans will be back on top and Jedtsson’s determined to lead the way.”

jet.jpg

There’s a three-way race for the top defenseman award including Chuck Goody and MC Hammer both defenders of the Bern Royals. Along with those two is the third defenseman in the race, Golden Jedtsson of the Brampton Blades. All three have become the top defensemen for their respective teams and are send downs from their VHL teams. Also, all three average nearly 30 minutes a game and all three have over 30 points, however, in my opinion, Golden Jedtsson’s the best defenseman thus far as he’s scored five goals, 32 points, a +32 plus/minus rating, 30 hits – the most hits between the three, 17 shots blocked – the most shots blocked between the three. Therefore, it seems as if Jedtsson’s become the better two-way defender between the three and he’s leading the race thus far.

VHLN: How was your off-season?

Golden Jedtsson: It’s going great. I feel great after that off-season where I trained with elite defenseman, Phil Villeneuve. He pushed me to excel and lose all the extra body fat I had. I worked on skating and much more. However, when I hit training camp the coaches told me I would need to work on my defensive skills if I was looking to become a VHL defenseman. I feel like I’ve managed to get better at my two-way game and I’m going to perfect it. I met with the head office of the New York Americans and they told me I’d need to work harder and this was kind of a slap to the face – a reality check, so I worked hard throughout the off-season and now I’m here.

VHLN: Yeah, definitely seems like some hard news to take. Anyways, how’s Brampton?

Golden Jedtsson: Brampton’s amazing. I had a billet family my first season. That was cool and they really treated me like family, but now I’m living in an apartment with Maxime Perron. He’s been a delight to have as a roommate. It’s fun getting used to living on your own or with a teammate because when I get to New York that’s the lifestyle you adapt to. It’s kind of like home here for me and it’s going to suck to leave the organization and community next season, but you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.

Edited by John

Content: 3/3 - Good stuff. I hope you can become a top-tier guy with the Americans.

Grammar: 2/2 - A couple of things.

"as it’s without no prospects" - without any. "without no" is a double negative.

"including Chuck Goody and MC Hammer both defenders" - MC Hammer, both defenders. (needs comma)

Appearance: 1/1 - Nice Scheifele pic.

Overall: 6/6

Edited by DollarAndADream