This is for last week

Devise

I forgot to post a fan590 yesterday and now I'm on a phone. Rules be damned I'm hoping the nice folks that run the VHL count this for last week.

We recently saw a controversial Vhlm Gm change that probably took some people by surprise. Trifecta who by all strategic and tactical accounts was a great Gm. My own current GM in the minors at that. Or he was until he failed to comply on the most important GM role in the minors.

Promoting activity for first generation players and people who haven't established themselves as the usual crew of active players in this league. When the BoG was discussing VHLM changes last several seasons and the decision was made to contract it wasn't just so teams would be more active. We knew it would be easier to monitor and hold GM accountable when there was fewer positions.

Almost all the BoG agreed that the biggest failing point in this league is players who go inactive in the minors. Whether that is before they are drafted or after so many members leave before making the VHL pro rosters. Thus it was only natural to push harder the notion that the Vhlm should be a development league promoting activity and trying as hard as it can to push players to make it to the pro and integrate themselves in this league. We have not hit that ideal yet and the changes thus far aren't perfect. But the strict handling of a GM who isn't concerned with actives getting minutes is an early stance that needed to be made.

Agree with it or not but this is the direction we are going in the minors. All GMs should be aware that the Vhlm commish will not hesitate to fire you if you don't abide by this. Think you can leverage the lack of candidates? A majority of the BoG has stepped up in saying they would help as temporary replacements to ensure GMs who don't care about promoting and encouraging do not have jobs. The ground floor of this league is changing evolving I'm one member who thinks it's for the better.