Claimed:Biggu Kyanon Bio [Final 10/10]

Baozi

Okinawa-84406.jpg

Biggu Kyanon

www.VHLHockeyNews.com

Born in the city of Naha in the Okinawa prefecture of Japan, Biggu Kyanon grew up in a city where ice arenas were scarce and hockey players even scarcer. His parents Kio and Yuuriko managed a small beach side resort there where he worked at as a little kid and near various athletic facilities that he would often frequent. As a child he participated in a multitude of sports such as volleyball, soccer and baseball. In short he was a multi-faceted early on in his youth and showed that he was a quick study in athletics pursuits. In primary school, he became enamored with inline skating and quickly spent most of his free time involved with the sport in his free time. He joined up with the local school and began to play inline hockey at the behest of the teacher leading the team. It is with this team that his story began during the first winter tournament. Already playing as a freshman among the senior team, Kyanon made the headlines when he won tournament MVP, leading the senior team to victory while leading the tournament in points.

“It is amazing that a 10 year old can play better than kids that are three or four years his senior. He played smart and shifty and at this age we’re talking about kids that are a good 15 to 20 pounds heavier than him and a foot or so taller than him yet he still managed to come out of the tournament leading the team. I think he has all the makings of a great athlete.” – Takumi Tadashi, Varsity Coach.

karlsweblogjan7.jpg

Kyanon kept up his efforts and lead his team to victories in the regular season for the school and in the Spring tournament he again made a splash in the headlines. This time in attendance was a scout from the Hockey School of Asia. In his interview with the media later shortly after a scholarship was announced for Biggu Kyanon he had this to say,

“Kyanon is an extraordinary talent, despite not being a hockey player, he actually possesses all the traits that would make him successful on the ice. In fact it actually isn’t the first time that we’ve seen hockey players start from other sports. Emerson Etem in the NHL actually was a great roller hockey player before he learned how to skate but because inline skating skills were so translatable to ice hockey that he had all the required skills to become a pro hockey player. I think Biggu Kyanon has a great set of skills that we believe we can convert and help him become a hockey player.” – Alex Zamora, Hockey Asia scout.

w640xh480_REU_1976295.jpg

Armed with a brand new scholarship, Kyanon attended the Hockey School Asia and made his conversion to the ice. As expected, there were a few bumps along the way, as Kyanon took some time to transition to skating on ice. Even as a young teenager, Kyanon earned big praise for facing this new challenge with relentless determination. Despite not quite attaining star status as easily as he had hoped, his instructors there were appreciative of his quickness in learning the game.

“He doesn’t have the background in the technical aspects of skating quite down yet, but his mind for the game is no less potent. His background in roller hockey actually has trained him in the ability to play in smaller spaces as generally roller hockey is played here in four versus four. He is extremely creative and is capable of leveraging a lot of force into his power despite not being a big kid. His anticipation is great and his head is always on a swivel allowing him to process the situation at hand. As a defender though, even disregarding his skating issues, he isn’t a very strong defender but he is improving. He isn’t particularly aggressive on the boards and is way too polite in his game. He’s going to have to learn to be stronger in the defensive zone in order to be an effective defender.” – Instructor Darren Pong, Hockey Asia

For several years he continued to learn and progress at the Academy. At the age of 15, he again joined the senior team, playing above his age level in the major junior circuit in Asia. His strong play in the circuit earned him high praise and VHL scouts began to take notice of him. The team went on tour in Europe where it faced some of the strongest European clubs including a match against the Skelleftea AIK club where Kyanon played sensationally as he led his club to a 3-1 victory over the Swedish club.

Upon turning 16, Kyanon was named captain of the senior team at Hockey Asia and received high praise for his game breaking abilities still playing against players several years older than him.

“I saw Biggu when he first arrived at the academy, a kid with a flair for dramatics and loved pulling off unthinkable moves. At times I had doubts about whether he could keep playing the same way as he did in roller hockey but the past few years he has grown and matured on and off the ice. He is a reliable teammate and a good captain, the other guys look up to him, older and younger. He has been working hard the last few years and I think he could definitely become an impact player in a professional hockey league soon if not already. He is growing into his body still though and I think he has much he can improve on still. But his mind is capable of it and he is more than mature enough to handle the rigors of becoming a professional.” – Instructor Azim Aliu, Hockey Asia

Now 17, Biggu Kyanon has entered himself into the VHLM S44 draft, looking to become eligible for the S45 VHL draft. Upon entering waivers pre-draft, Kyanon and Brampton were extremely lucky to be reunited as Kyanon managed to pass through waivers to be claimed by the VHLM team currently managed by founder of Hockey Asia, Terence Fong.

“I’m very happy to be able to start my journey here in the VHL on the same team managed by the organization that has helped me develop for the last few years. While I really don’t care who I play with, it feels special to be playing under GM Terence Fong as his academy is the sole reason why I am playing hockey now. My goal here is to make myself eligible for the VHL S45 draft and in doing so I will be looking to prepare myself as best possible for the draft. I know I have a lot of things to work on from now till then but it will all come in time and I have access to some of the best training facilities in the world currently that will allow me to become a pro.” – Biggu Kyanon.

6454498.jpg

Edited by tfong

Overview: 5/5 - Great stuff here. I'm stoked to see how Kyanon is going to perform at the VHL level.

Grammar: 3/3 - Nothing to be seen regarding mistakes, which is fantastic for such a lengthy article.

Presentation: 1/1 - Good stuff. Karlsson!

Over 1000 Words? 1/1

Overall: 10/10