Claimed:Stabby McFullO'Schmidt Roughing It Out in Brampton [Final 6/6]

Stabby McFullO’Schmidt Roughing It Out in Brampton
by Dick Shivers

redwings-hit1.gif

Stabby lays a massive hit against Tim Tebowgow to rally his team in a blowout game against Bern.

It has been 32 games since Stabby was traded to Brampton, but he has not been able to put up the same numbers he was producing in Bratislava. In 32 games, Stabby has 1 less goal, 3 fewer assists and a 14 point rating behind his time in Bratislava, despite playing more time per night in Brampton. I had a chance to sit down with Stabby and ask him about his production.

Dick Shivers: Stabby, some say you have had some trouble getting up to speed with the Blades. How has the second half of your season gone?

Stabby McFullO’Schmidt: Well, Dick, I think that there’s been an adjustment period since I’ve made the move across the pond. I have lost some of my powerplay time, and it took me a few games to start producing in Brampton. But I think that the North American conference is a tougher place to play. There are many more dedicated and VHL ready skaters on the ice, and the goalie talent is top notch. I think that I have done well considering the teams we’ve played, and I’m happy with my production.

Dick Shivers: How well do you think you have stacked up against the other players you were traded with?

1297395343480_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Stabby was traded in a four-player deal involving Brampton and Bratislava 32 games into the season. 

Stabby McFullO’Schmidt: I think LeSean has done phenomenally since coming over. He was slumping in Bratislava, and playing on a line with Sam Teibert has really helped his production. Jefferson Jackson has been consistent all year, and I think he has given Brampton exactly what he was traded for. I do think that I have been the weak link in the trade, but I have been playing better as of late and I hope that I can make the jump real soon.

Dick Shivers: What have you been working on in the practice facility to get you ready for Calgary and the VHL?

ehrhoff-goal.gif?w=1000

Stabby Puts Away the Overtime Winner against Bratislava Earlier This Season

Stabby McFullO’Schmidt: I have been trying to add an offensive upside to my game lately. Coach says that I have a cannon, and I have been working more on my accuracy and being able to hit the net and force the goalie to make a save. Coca Cola has been great to practice on, and I feel I am getting world class training that can apply at all levels when I try to laser the puck by him.

Dick Shivers: Finally, Stabby, do you think that Brampton can lift the cup at the end of the season?

Stabby McFullO’Schmidt: I do, Dick. I mean, any juniors team will have their ups and downs. I think the key to our success is being consistent and leaving everything on the ice. We need to focus on our next game and our next game only. If we do that, nothing can stop us.

Word Count: 470

Content 3/3 - Can't wait to win the cup with you :) to be honest, the production doesn't concern me as a VHLm player since the build is so hard to get right with only 175 TPE, and also it could be that the line mates do not mesh well with your players' persona. 

Grammar 2/2 - write out numbers less than 10, that's what I usually go by, so I suggest you do that. Other than that I couldn't really spot much.

Appearance 1/1 - Again, LOVE the gifs. 

Final: 6/6