Claimed:Dean Edgar's Hockey Sex Blog: Week 2

Edgar

So, the Super Cup has been re-announced, and now that I have a blog, I am finally able to put my thoughts down about it. Ill break down everything that is right and wrong about the Super Cup below

IMG_uefasupercup.jpg

Wrong
The NameThe Super Cup is such a weak name.It sounds like the answer my 5 year old nephew would use if I asked, "Whats a different name for the Stanley Cup." This league is filled with over 5 years of history, and we couldn't find a single entity to name it after. We could use it to honour one of our "fallen" members that was, at one point, such an important part to the league. My first thought, "The Megan Anderson Memorial Cup." Kinda rolls of the tongue.

That's actually my only complaint...

Right
TPEIt's a way to make TPE which is cool, though I don't necessarily agree with GMs earning TPE for such a short stint of effort, when really they should just be doing it for joy and the dream of being named a GM equal to my own stature (I guess the GM earning TPE is another wrong). Anyway, back to the point, TPE is good. Allowing players not in the tournament to earn TPE through gambling is also a good idea. I support all of this.

6 TeamsThis is a good way to get many members involved, which is awesome. With 66 players participating, we will surely have lively discussions that will make for fun off-seasons.

Another TourneyWe get to avoid a long off-season once every 6 seasons. While that may not sound like a lot, it really is, and people will notice the difference I think. Also, since the World Cup is typically dominated by a few alpha male teams (and last season, I GM'd the alpha male-iest team), it will be a nice change to hopefully witness some parity in these tournaments. YAY EQUALITY!

All-in-all, I think that this tournament is a very good idea for the league, and we will see some strong support. I think the only modification that I would make is an asterisk on team selection indicating that only one inactive per team can be drafted, just to ensure that players who do regularly visit this site don't miss out to others who have left this site and just forgotten to retire their player. Anyway, good job commissioners (Probably was all Higgins). You got one right.

PART#2

DuH-Duh-DUUUUUUUUHHHHH!!!

Duh.gif

tumblr_mcgjtyCmN51qf8btso1_400.gif

Kurt_duh.gif

Well, when Alfie posted that there would be two big announcements this week, I was hoping for ground breaking, game changing announcements.  One was (read above), however the second announcement was that Trade Deadline was approaching, a far less exciting announcement. I can't make a full journal entry about it so, I'll simply say that I expect a few trades, and hopefully it won't be a letdown.  The teams in the NA conference have solidified playoff positions, but the race is too tight right now, so we can expect a few cross-divisional trades as each NA team attempts to gain just a slight edge over the competition.  This will be one of the funnest story lines to follow in the coming weeks.  As for the EU conference, I don't really know whats going on because as I am writing this, the Index has crashed.  If Jardy were at all competent, this wouldn't happen.  I think I'll write him an angry PM.  As for this "analysis" of the Trade Deadline announcement, I'm satisfied.  Bye.

Edited by Edgar

Content: 3/3 - Yeah, not sure how I feel about GMs getting TPE. No other GMs get TPE, so why should Super Cup GMs get TPE? Wasn't the second big announcement the doubles week? Anyway, a good breakdown of some of the pros and cons of the Super Cup, which is a somewhat weak name, just like you said.

Grammar: 2/2 - A couple minor mistakes.

Ill break = I'll break

Cup below = Cup below.

One was (read above) = ????

Appearance: 1/1 - Gif city.

Overall: 6/6

Content: 3/3 - The Super Cup is a bit of an underwhelming name, but really, I don't know what else it could really be called. Fantasy Cup just sounds like dungeons and dragons, Draft Cup sounds silly and the Something To Do This Off-Season Cup is too long and truthful.

Grammar: 2/2 - Yep.

Appearance: 1/1 - GIFs!

Overall: 6/6 - Fantasy Cups!

FINAL: 6/6

• 1 month later...