Claimed:Faux Looks Toward VHL Draft [Final 6/6]

Tylar

Faux Looks Towards VHL Draft

Now that the VHLM playoffs have ended, everything now switches to the VHL Entry Draft. Prospect Marcel Faux has just come off winning a VHLM Championship with the Bern Royals and now switches his focus to the draft. Faux is a top prospect for the draft behind Edwin Reencarnacion and Kerkko Hyvärinen. It is expected that those two prospects are going first and second overall but the third selection is where things get interesting. There is another prospect making a name for himself in Simon Valmount. There is speculation about who the Helsinki Titans are going to pick at third whether it will be Faux or Valmount. It seems Helsinki management have extreme interest in both players and Valmount has shown an extreme interest in playing in Helsinki through the media. The Titans cannot go wrong with either player but it looks like they will have to make a tough decision.

zqS9eYI.jpg?1
Could this be Marcel Faux putting on a Helsinki Titans jersey?

“It would be nice to go to Helsinki. My agent Brody Hodgson played there and became a Titans legend. I knew Helsinki was always going to be a possible landing spot for me so I prepared myself to go there if it happened. I know the team is not going to be great next season but they have loads of picks in a strong season 45 draft and have a great general manager. The general management has reached out a few times to chat with me and I think it went well. I am not exactly sure where I am going as of yet because there are always rumours about whose going where. There also has been little to no hype about this draft class at all so there’s really nothing set in stone other than the top two picks.”

Other than the top two prospects, almost all the prospects selected will be most likely be back in the VHLM next season including Marcel Faux. Although Marcel Faux could be considered ready for the VHL it’s likely the team he goes to will send him back to the VHLM to develop even more and the teams in that range are still rebuilding. Faux is close to the practice hours cap but he won’t be as dominant in the VHL this season so teams will want to have him slow cook in the minors and come back next season even better. The VHLM is a usual landing spot for most prospects after the VHL draft because they can continue to develop and make the jump to the VHL and most are not ready for the VHL at draft time.  

J2KTEtO.jpg?1
Faux likely heading back to Saskatoon wherever he lands

The other landing spot for Faux, is the Riga Reign. The place where his brother Bronson Faux plays. This destination would also have Faux very excited. Playing with Bronson would be a dream come true. Riga holds the fourth and fifth overall picks so it’s safe to say Faux would be picked by Riga if he is not picked at third by the Helsinki Titans.

“Obviously I would love to play for Riga as well. They have a franchise goalie along with a great general manager. It also helps that my brother is there. It would be amazing to play there alongside my brother for many years to come. I think if I go there I would also go back to the VHLM to develop. Riga is a rebuilding team so I could help them get to the next level in the future. I’m looking forward to draft night to see where I end up!”

Content 3/3 - Kinda weird looking at it now understanding that maybe you knew where you were going. Regardless, congrats on going #3. I think staying in the VHLm is a great choice for the rookies since it gives extra TPE. 

Grammar 2/2 - Very minor things 

everything now switches = everything switches (unnecessary, no big deal. 

Appearance 1/1 - Looks good

Final 6/6