Claimed:Niklas Kurri, On the Move Again [Final 6/6]

zohan07.jpg

Kurri arrives in New York

Just one off-season removed from signing as a free agent with The Quebec City Meute, Finnish center Niklas Kurri is packing his bags and heading to the big apple. Kurri signed a 3 year contract with the North American Conference's, New York Americans.

"Yeah I'm thrilled to sign a contract here in New York."

Said Kurri, 

"I had talks with GM Advantage last season, I was very close to joining New York back then. Ultimately I'm glad that I chose to sign with Quebec last off-season. The Meute are a great organization and I really enjoyed my time there. Initially I was skeptical to sign with them because I didn't know Brovy too well, but he ended up being a great General Manager. You can tell that he cares a ton about the success of his team and he'll make moves to give his team the best possible shot to win games.

"We had an excellent shot to win the Continental Cup last season but unfortunately things didn't work out. I'm sure they'll be right back in contention this season for a VHL championship. Having a chance to play with excellent with excellent players such as Jack Wylde, Bruno Wolf, Aksel Thomassen, Travis Boychuck, that was a great opportunity that I'm glad I took. All of those guys are all-star caliber players. The opportunity to be apart of that team really helped me dedicate myself to becoming a better player" 

As much as Kurri enjoyed his time with The Meute, it had become unclear what type of role the franchise would be able to offer him in the future. According to reports, Quebec City didn't have available cap space to offer Kurri a contract. Kurri dedicated himself to becoming a better player last season and desired a multi-year contract for more stability in his VHL future.

"Yeah the multi year contract is nice! I've moved around a lot since joining the VHL and even in the VHLM before that. New York is a incredible organization who I see as having an excellent future. I know Golden Jedtsson from Team Scandinavia and I know that he will turn into one of the top defenseman in the league. My fellow Finn, Jorma Ruutu, he's one of the best team players in the entire VHL. Nicholas Caprivi is a top forward who will score some huge goals to help us win games. Last year's #1 pick Et'waun Delicious has superstar written all over him. Benjamin DuPont will be a great playmaking center in this league. Jax Barnstormer is one of the best young goalies in the entire league, We also have #1 pick in this seasons draft! The future looks incredible for us. I'm elated to be a part of it and hopefully I can help accelerate the process."

The New York Americans are definitely a team to watch out for. It will be interesting to see if Kurri can take his game to the next level with a new team.

Edited by nikkurri17

Content: 3/3 - Good luck in New York! At least you signed a longer term contract so you won't go back into UFA again ;)

Grammar: 2/2 - gooodies

Boychuck, that = Boychuck that

apart = a part
New York is a incredible  = New York is an incredible 

Appearance: 1/1 -  fine

Overall: 6/6