Babiy Puts Baby in the Corner For the First Time

BeanSobie

Oslo Storm rookie, Wesley Babiy, has taken on a new mantle since joining the VHLM: Baby.  A name he has mixed feelings over.

"How do you feel about your new nickname?"

"Honestly, when I first heard what they were calling me I was a bit taken aback.  In the tough world of hockey the name Baby is not exactly up there in desirability.  When it started I don't even think I realized it though.  The Norwegian accent is odd so I thought they were just chanting my name, but we went on a road trip to North America and it became pretty clear to me when someone through a pacifier on the ice."

"The Dirty Dancing clip didn't tip you off?"

"I asked Coutzen about it and he said: 'why do you think they play that scene from Dirty Dancing in the third period whenever you take a big draw?'  To which I told him I had never seen the movie.  The room stopped and I feel like everyone was looking at me.  Even Nezy had seen the movie, and he is still mad at Patrick Swayze for Red Dawn." 

"Have you seen it yet?"

"We formed a movie night and all watched it at my place one night.  That movie is all about a botched abortion, I thought it was gonna be like Dancing With The Stars: The Film.  Boy was I wrong."
Edited by BeanSobie