Ambushed by Numbers

Renomitsu

Hackett learned that he earned his first of the three stars in an August 6th against the Ottawa Lynx - to his bewilderment.

"What's all this about stars, anyways?" he was reported saying to his teammates after the game.

It seems as though Hackett's got a lot more to learn about than playing physical defense. The young Canadian defender managed a goal and an assist in the game, helping Brampton to a 4-3 win over the Lynx. An avid Brampton fan that was clearly too ready to explain brought pages' worth of printouts with statistics and predictions over to Hackett in something of an ambush, who was overwhelmed by the fan's fascination with numbers.

"See, you've got HTT, OSB, OSM, GW, GT--"

The fan was shooed away by a couple of Hackett's teammates before the defenseman stepped into the locker room.

"I'll take time later today to figure out what all of these methods of analysis are," Hackett said, a big smile on his face, "but I'll focus on what actually happens on the ice for a bit before I wrap myself up with numbers. I'm glad to know there's somebody willing to teach me, at the very least."

Edited by Renomitsu