Villa: "I probably won't be playing in the VHL by S46."

Matt

DISCLAIMER

In a wild series of unfortunate events it seems as though VHL.com ran a contradicting article earlier this week regarding Villa making a statement about being VHL-ready for Season 46. This article was actually supposed to be a statement declaring his lack of abilities to quite possibly never actually play in the VHL. The original false article can be seen below, with the actual article now being printed through the press.

VILLA: "I won't be playing in the VHL by S46."

VHL Season 46 prospect Lucas Villa has released a statement today regarding his lack of confidence for the Season 46 Entry Draft. Villa seems highly unsure on his current status and whether or not he will be fit enough for the VHL style of play. Villa may very well need plenty of time in the VHLM to develop his overall game. "I'm having plenty of doubt of playing up with the big boys right after this draft, that's even if I do in fact, get drafted. I lack the skillset and mentality. I'm not the most talented and declaring towards season end may have really threatened where I will be picked." Villa said. These are small words of confidence as the Season 46 draft is anticipated to be a very good one, with a lot of talent, except for Villa. Will Villa be able to even make the VHL? First we will see how he fairs playing in the VHLM for Season 45. Regardless, it seems the S46 draft will not disappoint pending any serious inactivity from the majority. Villa is already headed down the road for inactivity and is easily the highest risk, lowest reward player coming straight out of Spain. Seriously... Spain. Who plays hockey in Spain.

FALSE ARTICLE WRITTEN ON 8/24

VILLA: "I'll be playing in the VHL by S46."

VHL Season 46 Prospect Lucas Villa has expressed a lot of confidence about his draft status for next year's draft. Villa seems very sure that he will be an early pick, and that he will in fact be VHL ready right after the draft. "There's not a doubt in my mind I will be playing up with the big boys right after the draft. I have the skillset, and mentality. I feel I am as good as anyone in this draft despite declaring toward the end of the season." Villa said. These are big words as the Season 46 draft is anticipating to be a very good one, with a lot of talent. Will Villa be able to back up his words? First we will see how he fairs playing in the VHLM for Season 45. Regardless, it seems this draft class will not disappoint pending any serious inactivity from the majority.