Claimed:I don´t talk, I´m from Finland [Final 6/6]

jRuutu

PiZspB9.png

As we all know, talking to the media is just one part of a hockey player's life. Some players are more popular than the others so they pretty much have to give interviews before and after every game.  It takes some time to get used to but eventually it´s just another day at the office.  
Some players have sponsors so they really can´t say what they want in the interviews. Luckily for me, I don´t have that many sponsors so I can say what I want. The only sponsor I have is a Finnish company who manufactures custom toilet seat covers. Rather nice looking if you ask me. Little bit like some goalies have really awesome looking helmets. Same thing with toilet seat covers.  Every single one of their toilet seat covers is handmade. No printing machines or anything like that. That takes lots of skill and time to do one toilet cover. 

Even though I don´t have that many sponsors, I try to be nice and answer without swearing too much. That is perhaps the biggest thing that I have learned in the past few seasons. Americans don´t like to hear or see people who swear. In Finland you can swear as much as you like. Most players don´t do it  there either but it´s nice to add some flavor into your answers sometimes by using little swear word here and there.. it makes it sound more dramatic. 

For example, if you get injured during the game and you are forced to leave the game because of the injury, then a reporter might ask what is wrong with you and how serious is the injury? Then you can say: It´s my leg, it hurts like a motherfucker, I might have to sit out next few games.
Simple but effective way to say what is wrong with you. Quite often the swear word gets censored but at least the younger people seem to enjoy those kind of interviews more.
hqdefault.jpg

Talking to the media is not a easy thing to do. It´s extremely important that you practice your answers. I like to spend my time in airplanes or in the bus by thinking some funny answers to questions that the reporters might ask me.  Makes it that much easier to think about something to say when you are in a tight spot.  

After you have done hundred or so interviews, it´s not a big deal anymore. You can pretty much think the answers right on the spot but if you are a new player who has never done any interview, only thing I can say is that you must practice and fail multiple times. Nice little scandal about something you said really helps you down in the line. Might not feel like that now but trust me, it helps you handle the media. 

Don´t let the reporters bully you though, speak your mind if they step over the line by asking a inappropriate question.  Keep them on their toes

Content: 3/3 - Nice media spot from your players perspective. I wouldn't want to actually do a interview in real life, I couldn't do it.
A couple funny things that made me smile for some reason.

Grammar: 2/2 - Good job :)!
is not a easy thing  = is not an easy thing

Appearance: 1/1 - I like your family guy picture  :lol: and the photo-shopped picture is always good for a smile.

Overall: 6/6