Rose Getting Streaky

Zero

The Moscow Red Wolves continue to generally do well in the VHLM, albeit their 20-game winning streak has come to an end. That said, one player who feels like he could be playing better is top line centre, Jory Rose. Rose currently has 42 points in 43 games, which is respectable, and good enough for 23rd overall in VHLM scoring, but the Dane still thinks he can be better.

"I go through streaks where I'll get 2-3 points per game, and then I'll have a couple games in a row where I contribute nothing. I know the scouts have their eyes on me, so I need to get my consistency up," said Rose in a recent soundbite after a game where he was, in fact, held off the scoresheet.

That said, Rose definitely has a few things that he can be proud of. The rookie sits 6th in scoring amongst all centres, and his face-off percentage is above 53%, meaning that he's doing more good than bad in the face-off circle. He also has a plus minus rating of +44, which is the highest among all forwards, and 3rd highest overall, just behind Benjamin Tumack and teammate Arcturus Mengsk.

"I'm still optimistic. There's lots of time left in the season, and then we have the playoffs to look forward to. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to kick things into high gear," says Rose.