Blacker, Bern Keep Rolling

frescoelmo

Blacker, Bern Keep Rolling

Somewhere in Switzerland

Heading into the final quarter of his first career VHLM season, Sean Blacker has surely made the most of his time with the Bern Royals as he prepares to one day take the ice in the VHL.  ”Coming from Northern Ireland and being one of the best in the nation by default, it was really difficult to pinpoint where I’d actually be relative to the other players in this league who came from hockey juggernauts.  I’d say that it has been an incredibly successful season to date.  Just hoping that I can keep the momentum as we head into the playoffs,” Blacker discussed with some of the media after a late Saturday practice.

Dwarfed by the talent represented on the ice by his fellow teammates, Blacker has found a niche on the Royals and in the VHLM has an efficient passer and two-way player.  ”He does a little bit of everything, he fills in the blanks on a team that is primarily focused on shooting,” the Bern coach explained.  ”He might not be the most talented guy out there, but he takes advantage of opportunities.”

Thus far in Season 45 of the VHLM, Blacker remains steady in the top ten of categories such as assists, total points (by centers), points per 20 minutes, face-off percentage, game-winning goals, and tops in plus-minus.