Vasteras to Miss Playoffs...Again

solas

Season 35 was a transitional season for the Vasteras Iron Eagles.  After two years of rebuilding, Vasteras has started to work towards becoming a contender.  However, despite appearing to be contenders earlier in the season, the Iron Eagles are statistically eliminated from making the playoffs – behind HC Davos Dynamo by 24 points with only two games remaining.  “It’s frustrating,” said captain Willem Janssen.  “I know we have the talent to be a better team, but we’re still developing.  It’s tough to get through a rebuilding period like this, but it has to be done.  We just need to push through and we’ll be competing in no time.”

It was a frustrating season for Janssen as well, who has, so far, scored six less points than last season in his 70 games played – not to mention his ongoing streak of five games without scoring a single point.  “It’s certainly upsetting that I’m not scoring as much as I know I can,” said Janssen, “but that’s not what I’m worried about the most.  Ultimately, I’d like to win a Continental Cup with this team at some point in my career, and right now I’m focusing on helping this team improve.”