O'Malley and Light Troll Humbert

Devise

It came at game 128 of the season. The New York Americans were taking on the Davos Dynamo, and were up 4-1 heading into the third period. The Americans were given a power play after Valmount was called for hooking, and already had 3 power play goals on the night. As the power play unfolded, some weird behavior began to emerge from Light and O'Malley who after taking control of the puck were passing the puck around, setting it up. At one point, Humbert was able to skate away from a defender and launch a perfect one timer feed to Llody Light, who seemed to intentionally shoot it wide, as it come off the boards to the stick of Thomas O'Malley. O"Malley deked, and took a slap shot that also seemed to go intentionally wide. As Humbert rushes to collect the rebound before it went out, he skated forward and upon the strong urging of his teammates finally shot the puck, which turned out to be a goal...Humberts 1st of the season and only the 8th of his 4 season long career. Humbert joked about the play during practice to the media the next day.

"Yeah apparently the guys got in their head that it would be funny to keep shooting the puck wide, and force me to stop passing it and take a shot. I mean most guys on our team have more goals than I have shots on net, it's no secret that I don't shoot the puck very often. So the guys thought it would be hilarious if they kept forcing me the puck on the power play, while were up and the game was in our hands of course. So as the puck came to me I heard the bench and the ice just yelling at me to shoot the puck so I said screw it, and blased the slap shot. I honestly didn't think I had a shot at even hitting the net, much less scoring the goal. Everyone got a big laugh out of it in the locker room that is for sure." 

The Americans went on to humble a Davos team that has a struggling off-season, defeating them by a 7-1 score. The goal, remains Humberts only one of the season, on his total 13 shot attempts. It is also only his second goal in as many seasons, as Thaddeus went most of last year without a goal until his triple deflection fluke bounced into the net.