Embrace the hate.

jRuutu

This season has not been a easy one for me. After winning the cup last season, it´s been really hard to keep on going and find that same energy and feeling on ice. How do you go from winning a cup to playing regular season hockey again? I have been struggling little bit or a lot actually, in 37 games, I have 12 goals and 14 assists. Not too bad when you think about it, but the +/- number is something that bothers me the most. Two way game has been something I have been known for around the league in the past so even though +/- is not the best statistic out there, it still tells something, -2 so far in the season. 

Safe to say the overall performance has not been on the same level as on the previous seasons and the fans are starting to notice that more and more each week. They post some of the meanest things online and some even shout out hateful things when they see me out in the public. I´m used to it now, but I would be lying if I say that words wont hurt sometimes.

I just need to keep on going and try to find a way to turn the negative energy that surrounds me at the moment to positive energy.