Claimed:Losing Sucks [Reviewed]

maxresdefault.jpg

It has been a long season for the Quebec City and with 15 games to go it doesn’t appear things will get any better for them this year. Losing, whether by design or not, is no fun. Yeah, there’s a better shot at a first overall pick, but making the players on the team miserable in the process may not be the way to go. Throughout Felipe Rodriguez’s career, he has been a fairly active member of the locker room but with the season the way it is, it’s hard to be talkative when nothing seems to be going their way. I know he’s not the only one that feels this way as the Quebec City locker room as a whole has gone very quiet lately. It could be attributed to several things, but it seems like it is at least partially related to the team’s struggle on the ice.

As it stands, the evrydayimbyfuglien agency only comes on to check the games every day and basically that is it.  When Felipe was just starting out in Ottawa and Saskatoon of the VHLM, the agency would spend hours at a time on the site, reading articles, checking out graphics, talking in the locker room. All of that has seemingly stopped. The drive to pay attention to everything in the league when his team or player isn’t involved is low. Call it selfish, call it what you want, but it’s the truth.

Enough with the pity party, though. Things aren’t going to get any better if people don’t put in the work. Felipe’s training time has slowed significantly with the lack of success and that’s not helping anyone. He needs to rededicate himself to the game that he loves and start making the changes he wants to see. When the puck isn’t bouncing his way, he needs to take his focus off of the offensive side and focus more on what he can control and that is his defense. He leads the league in blocked shots with 150 through 57 games. He has also racked up 129 hits, good for third on the team, to go along with 82 penalty minutes which keeps him just outside of the top ten in the league. This is while playing on the second defensive pairing, something he hopes his play from this season can change for next season.

We caught up with him to ask him a few questions regarding the team’s play so far this year.

It has been tough, definitely. Nobody likes to lose and this is the first time I’ve been on a losing team. It’s affected me more than I thought it would but I need to keep on working hard and getting better. I think the addition of our goalie prospect will do wonders for this team. Our goalie now is giving up like three goals per game and when we’re averaging just over two goals scored per game, it’s hard to win like that. So we need to get better in all aspects of the game moving forward. I’m not sure I can take another season like this.”

On the future:

The future looks bright for the Meute, we just need to keep it together until then. Like I said, our new goalie of the future is going to help us out a lot. We have all the pieces, we just need to put the puzzle together and see what we can do when we’re firing on all cylinders.”

(580 words)

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien

• JPL changed the title to Claimed:Losing Sucks [Reviewed]
  • DollarAndADream locked this topic