Fjorsstrom Hoping Super Cup Boosts Draft Stock

sherifflobo

Fjorsstrom taken in Ninth Round

ohMkbhH.jpg?1?3962

Slaeter Fjorsstrom practicing with teammates from Team Maximum Desny

With the Super Draft happening for the first time in VHL history, it's a perfect opportunity for young players to show their potential to VHL and VHLM GMs.  One of the those players is Norwegian defenseman Slaeter Fjorsstrom.  

Taken in the ninth round, forty-ninth overall, Fjorsstrom will likely be on the second defensive pairing with potential VHLM defenseman of the year Conner Low.

"It's a big honour to be selected, and hopefully I can make an impact playing against some great competition.  It's a unique opportunity for guys like me who aren't even drafted into the VHLM yet to play with and against incredibly talented players.  I just hope I can contribute to the team's success."

----------------------------------------------------------

Larsson's number retired by Riga

Larsson.jpg

Miles Larsson had his number retired by the Riga Reign recently.  The retired forward capped off his eight season career with a Continental Cup with the Quebec City Meute.  

"Winning a cup again was unreal, but having my jersey number retired is the ultimate prize.  My time in Riga was unbelievable, and I'm glad I was able to help bring the cup back to the city.  It's a great city with fantastic fans."