Jr uses words to answer questions [Reviewed]

jRuutu

interview-1018333_960_720.png

We here in  HMFW or `Hockey Magazine for Women´ like to stay in touch with some of the players we have interviewed in the past and this week Jorma Ruutu from New York Americans was voted by the readers to be the player who we interview again. It has been over three years since we talked to Ruutu, so there was certainly some catching up to do. 

We usually do these interviews face to face and this time was no different. We met Jorma here in our office few days ago and asked some questions. 

Hello Jorma! How´s it going?

JR: Hey! All good, we had a morning practice not so long ago, so I had to jump into taxi pretty much immediately after the practice, but luckily made it here in time.

Oh, sounds like a rough morning, but good thing that you are here now, I got some questions for you! Ready to answer?

JR: Yep, bring it on!

What have you been doing since we last met?

JR: Woah, a lot of things. I cant even remember when we last met, but we won the cup with New York some time ago, which was nice. On a personal level not too many things have changed, I´m still a single man playing hockey professionally.

What? Are you still single?

JR: Yeah, that is true. Not so easy to find a partner when you look this good and have to travel a lot. I know I mentioned this last time we talked, but I´m actually enjoying being single. I don´t have to explain anything to anybody and I can lay on the couch without the need to put pants on.

How did it feel to win the gold medal in the World Cup?

JR: Amazing, that is the one thing you dream about when you are watching these international games as a kid, you want to be there one day and be the one who gets the gold medals. That little dream of mine is now true and I could not be any happier! 

What did you do to celebrate?

JR: Nothing too big, we had few drinks after the final game was over and on the next day,  the whole team got together for a lunch where everybody had a chance to say whatever they wanted, quite emotional lunch in many ways, you just won gold medal in the world cup, but in the same time that might have been the last time the whole team was together. 

Got any goals or targets for this season?

JR: Well, I have not thought about any numbers or anything, but if I manage to stay healthy and play on a level that I know I can play on, I´m happy. Of course if I score loads of goals during the season, that would be nice too, but as long as the team is winning, I don´t mind going 0+0 for the whole season.

Thank you Jorma for the interview! Hopefully we can talk again bit sooner next time.

• JPL changed the title to Jr uses words to answer questions [Reviewed]