Claimed:for next week

My last MS which lead to this *http://vhlsim.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/2993-we-hef-to-enjoy-the-little-things-you-know/*

As I left you guys in my last MS, I thought it was appropriate to leave you guys after talking about the pre-draft trades, now I will tell you guys about who went where and after the draft trades and happenings.

1st Round - 1st Overall - Goaltender Robert Sharpe

With the 1st overall pick in the first ever draft, many believe it was between both Robert Sharpe and Scotty Campbell. At the time, you couldn't go wrong with either of them. You could build from the net out or build around a centerman. The Tigers chose the first route, but in hindsight they should have went with building around Mr. Campbell.

1st Round - 2nd overall - Center Scotty Campbell

Was this ever a godsend for the Vasteras IK franchise? They got arguably the best player ever to lace up a pair of skates in Scotty Campbell. Not much more needs to be said other than what a shrewd job Lucas Tannahill did by trading up to the 2nd overall draft pick.

1st Round - 3rd Overall - Defenseman Jeff Downey

Talk about your off the board draft selections eh? GM Jay Bris must have had some talks with Downey and Downey must have one hell of an agent to get his draft stock to 3rd overall. He was not third overall worthy but he was serviceable must like Rostislav Klesla going 4th overall back in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.

1st Round - 4th Overall - Center Alex Gegeny

After the first two draft picks were made, the rest of the draft was really a crapshoot. Many people didn't know who would go where after the first two. I think this was a really solid draft selection by GM Zach Crosby. Although I think he should have been kept a bit longer than a season (more details to come).

1st Round - 5th overall - Right Winger Alex Watson

Mr. Alex Watson has the notion of being the first winger ever to be drafted in the history of the VHL. He also was a very import piece to any teams that wanted him. He reminds me of Scott Hartnell, both drafted pretty high and both never put up numbers that blew you away.

1st Round - 6th overall - Left Winger Scott Boulet

With the 6th overall pick GM Brett Slobodzian selected Scott Boulet, The two had instant chemistry. Boulet was so good at both ends of the ice that he has the Scott Boulet Trophy named after him for the forward who exemplifies strong defensive abilities as well as offensive ones.

1st Round - 7th overall - Goaltender Maxim Desny

Talk about outplaying the other goaltender that was drafted ahead of you. Desny proved to the whole VHL that he should have been selected higher than his 7th overall selection. You can find his stats and whatnot in the HoF section in the VHL.

1st Round - 8th Overall - Defenseman David Night

Last but not least in the 1st round is David Night. He is also in the HoF and definitely showed he is arguably the best defenseman from this Dispersal draft crop of players. He has solid stats in the VHL and has shown to be very loyal and a well-respected teammate that many enjoyed playing with him.

That ladies and gentleman concludes part one of the draft. After this I will only talk about big selections in the latter rounds and talk about the trades that followed. Then I will begin to go on to talk about what happened in Season 1.  

Content: 3/3- Its crazy to see where everyone went at the time now that we have seen how each of these players panned out in the VHL. I look forward to seeing what went on in the latter rounds.

Grammar: 1/2- Dude, I don't know if you rushed this, but if not you really need to work on your grammar. I felt like I was reading a Robbie Zimmers MS at points in here. You went from past tense to present a few times and had alot of grammatical mistakes to go along with it. Take your time my brotha, it's not hard to get a 6 in media spots if you ace the grammar portion. 

where and after = where after 

guys after talking - guys talking 

have one = have had one 

must = much

import = important

Dispersal = disperal No need to capitalize 

Appearance: 1/1- No problems here 

Overall: 5/6

Content: 3/3 - I remember playing with all these guys back in the day and it was truly a magical time to be a forward. So glad I wasn't a goalie. Thanks for taking me down memory lane.

Grammar: 1/2 - What sball said. Grammar needs to be worked on.

Appearance: 1/1 - Good.

Overall: 5/6

Final: 5/6

• 4 weeks later...