Latino in the News: First Post Season Edition [Reviewed]

Latino in the News: First Post Season Edition

maxresdefault.jpg

Felipe "Flip" Rodriguez takes the time to meet with the press.

Felipe Rodriguez has seen another season come and go. This time his team ended up in a lot better position than previously. On a personal level, his numbers suffered despite seeing a lot more ice time with a lot better players around him, either through player improvement within the system or player transactions. We caught up with him following the Quebec City Meute’s 3-0 win to close out the regular season.  Flip finished that game with a goal, a plus-one plus-minus rating, two shots, and a hit in 31 minutes of ice time.

Interviewer: “Flip, here we are again, the end of another season, but this time you guys won’t be watching the playoffs from your couch. How does it feel to make the post season this time around?”

Flip: “It’s great. Last season was rough as you know. This season, with the addition of Clegane in net and Koponen in the faceoff dot to name a few key additions, things are going a lot better. Greg has been a monster between the pipes. I would assume his 16 shutouts is a  VHL record. I also think this is a reflection of the sound defense we were able to play in front of him. I’m excited for the playoffs, this will be my first time in the VHL post season so I’m not sure what to expect. I’m sure everyone will bring their A-game though, that’s for sure.”

Interviewer: “A huge turn around in Quebec, it’s nice to see this team on the winning side of things. Maybe this can put all the bashing of GM Clinton Chevy to rest. Or maybe not. Despite the team’s drastic improvement, your numbers actually are lower than last year, any idea what may have caused that?”

Flip: “I’m not really sure. I thought I had improved in every aspect of my game but it wasn’t reflected on the score sheet. I can’t complain though, there’s no “I” in “team” so I’m happy we succeeded together, even if that means lower personal stats. I’m happy with my 13 goals. I think this is just the beginning for me. I have a few more years in me and plenty of time to improve.”

Interviewer: “It’s nice to see a guy with a team mentality out there. But it’s also okay to be a little selfish every once in a while. What has surprised you the most this season?”

Flip: “Probably how many guys eclipsed the 100-point mark this year. You practically had to get into triple figures just to be in the top-10. The rate these guys are scoring at is nothing short of amazing. I’m not sure what the point record is for defenseman but if I can match what Phil Hamilton managed to do from the blue line this year at any point in my career, I’ll be happy. You always have to set goals for yourself so my new goal is to reach that 100-point season.”

Interviewer: “Who has surprised you this year but not in a good way?”

Flip: “Definitely Lord Karnage. Perennial point-leader contender was pretty invisible this season. He did get better after the trade though. I think he had 40-something points his first 50 games then he followed that up with almost two points per game once he got dealt to New York. So I guess you could say he surprised me in a negative way to start the season but then really turned it around at the end. Had he stayed in Stockholm, it’s hard to believe he’d have had that resurgence so it’s nice to see a guy who is on his way out of the league go out with a bang.”

Interviewer: “I definitely agree with you about Karnage. He had a rough go in Stockholm this year but as you said, he looked like a different player after the trade. Well, it’s always nice to hear from you and get your insight. Thanks for taking the time to talk with us.”

Flip: “Always my pleasure, man. I look forward to the interview when I’m raising the cup!”

(683 words)

Edited by Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Feedback

You're lucky I was bored @evrydayimbyfuglien . I was perusing the Media Spot section and saw that this has not been reviewed. Felt really bad for you. 

So the best part about this article is that it's in Cologne colours and you mentioned "greg". Does this mean you're looking to get over 100 points in Cologne? Can we expect to see you in free agency? Awww you'll do well wherever you are. I wish you all the best in your career advancement. 

On the note of evaluation, you had a nice Title, a picture, pretty formatting; can't see anything else you'd need to add. As a personal preference, I always colour-code my quotes. But that's more for reader clarity than anything. Not necessary at all. 

Great work and sorry no one's commented on this before now! <3

10 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Wrong!

But actually right.

Usually I get to the unreviewed ones later in the week but I just haven't had a chance today. Work's been heavy lately. :lol:

Where do you work? What do you do for work?

And who made you that sick sig? I just noticed it, I'm usually at work on here and the images are blocked so this is my first time seeing it.

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien

10 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

Wrong!

But actually right.

Usually I get to the unreviewed ones later in the week but I just haven't had a chance today. Work's been heavy lately. :lol:

I got your back brotato! 

8 hours ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

Where do you work? What do you do for work?

And who made you that sick sig? I just noticed it, I'm usually at work on here and the images are blocked so this is my first time seeing it.

Mr. Baller made it.  It's lovely.

At the moment I just do nightshift warehouse work, ha. But Canada Post is on strike or something so my company is getting a bunch more work and it's a little hectic.