Claimed:Blaine Lands in Bern

AwfulHomesick

Blaine Lands in Bern

bernier_jonathan_194x275_draft.jpg

BERN, Switzerland - There's that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you're a young professional hockey player. Daydreaming about the day you put on a professional team's jersey. For Blaine Olynick, that day became a reality when at the S36 VHLM Dispersal Draft, Bern Royals GM Tyler Barabash declared him as their 1st pick, 5th overall of the draft. The young goaltender, with a smile from ear to ear made his way to the podium to meet with the commissioner and the team's general manager to put on the sweater his will be sporting for next season.

"At 5 the Bern Royals are happy to select their new starting goaltender,Blaine Olynick"

It was almost fate, the way the two parties came together. The Bern Royals, a team with a nameless goaltender were gasping for air the entire season with a 32-37-3 record. Olynick, coming off a nasty injury from his last season in junior was on pins and needles hoping to be picked up anywhere. Add first year general manger Barabash with lots of ideas and aspirations into the mix, and you have something special in your hands. "Just from the short conversation I've had with Mr. Barabash, I can already tell he's very excited to have me be a part of the team. He gave me an overview of his plans for the Royals and I had nothing but positive sights for the future. He has a good grasp on what he wants to do, and that's to win", said Olynick with TSN after being picked.

Bern_luftaufnahme.png

Bern, Switzerland

So what's next for Olynick after only taking one step into his VHL career? "I'm gonna say goodbye to my family as they fly back to Toronto, and I'm going to start looking for apartments in Bern. After that, training camp will be the next step along with some personal training sessions with the goalie coach", said Blaine.

He's keeping his focus to this upcoming season, trying to catch the eyes of the VHL GMs and scouts for next season's VHL draft. Early expert predictions have him going in the first round as the #1 ranked goaltender of the class. With highly regarded prospects such as Slaeter Fjorsstrom and Tom Slaughter vying for that #1 overall spot, Blaine says he will continue to work religiously to weave his way into the conversation as a #1 pick. Will his position come into play come draft day and there are teams already with young starting goaltenders? "No, that has never crossed my mind. That will only motivate me to work harder and fight for that spot. That's the whole point of playing sports, let alone hockey. To gradually become better. I'll do whatever it takes to be a #1 goaltender for a VHL team", replied Olynick. At the rate Blaine has been going since he first arrived at the scene, he's been turning heads and opening eyes. It's only a matter of time before we see the city of Bern, Switzerland covered in Blaine Olynick jerseys.

Content: 3/3- I'm really excited to see how your career will play out in the VHL. While there is a plethora of young goaltenders in the VHL, there is always a team that will need a goalie sooner or later. If you keep up the good work ethic and really settle in for the long run, I'm sure you can make a name for yourself in the league

Grammar: 2/2- Just these two and nothing more, nice job

ear made - ear, made

junior = juniors,

Appearance: 1/1- Yup

Overall: 6/6

Final: 6/6