Gow's First Draft with Yukon

eaglesfan036

Yukon had no 1st round picks this draft (thanks Squinty but it's okay since I have 3 next year), but did have 3 2nd round picks instead. Yukon GM Austin Gow didn't put these to waste, drafting promising young defenseman Kyrie Knight with his first second round pick. Gow had this to say about Knight, "I was thrilled to be able to select him because he looks to be a very active member of the VHL who will get big time minutes in Yukon if he keeps up his activity." With Gow's 2nd 2nd round pick, Gow threw up a prayer in hopes of a Munk return. However, Munk did return that day upon hearing he was drafted and talked spoke with me a bit, so it would be really cool for Yukon and the league if he came back. The rest of  the draft picks are all inactive as of now, but hopefully at least one of them comes back. Anyway this will be an exciting 2  season because Yukon will be in the playoff race this year due to a conference that had 1 first round pick total, and will be in the race next year due to 3 first round picks. Cheers.