Beketov Agency signs first defenseman

Beketov

• Commissioner

The Beketov player agency has one of the longest stories in the VHL, dating all the way back to it's founder, Alexander Beketov, who joined the VHL in Season 6. Since his retirement at the end of Season 12 there have been 6 players sign to the agency. These players have come from all across North America and Europe but have always played either a forward, or goaltender position. All that changes today, however, as the Beketov Player Agency is pleased to announce their newest signing: Roman Sokolov. Roman hails from Beketov's home country of Russia and his the first defenseman to be picked up by the VHL Hall of Famer. When asked why this is, VHL.com received the following statement from Mr. Beketov.

"I'm not sure why exactly I've never signed a defenseman. I think part of me has just always understood the way a forward's mind, and in turn the mind of goaltenders, work. For that reason I always gravitated toward those positions in the players that I signed. I couldn't possibly ignore the things that Sokolov has been doing though. This kid is lighting up the minor leagues in Russia and wants more than anything to have a VHL career. It does help I think that he's a very offensively minded defenseman so it seems like a perfect mesh with the kinds of players I usually sign. I hope that I can help bring Roman the kind of success that I had in my VHL career."

Roman is currently set to sign with a VHLM team and is entertaining offers. He was unavailable for comment regarding what teams have thus far shown interest but the list is expected to be long. Beketov's agency is one of the oldest and most respected in the league and has created some very talented players; many of whom have their named etched into the VHL's Continental cup.

*For Holik

Edited by Beketov