Claimed:Salo Heads West!

Seth

The VHL's goalie pipeline has suddenly improved dramatically. To the astonishment of numerous hockey insiders, Finnish goaltender Kimmo Salo has declared for the Victory Hockey League. Salo is considered by many to be one of the most promising goalie exports from Finland. At a height of 6'4, Salo offers a significant presence within the goalie's crease. At the tender age of twenty, Kimmo Salo has started several games for Tappara, of the Finnish Elite League. The general consensus among VHL scouts is that Salo has great potential, due to his size, and feline quickness. However, he remains an unpolished, and inexperienced goalie, who needs adequate coaching. When questioned about his future in the VHL, Salo confidently affirmed via his translator 

guarding-the-net.jpg

Salo in net for Tappara

''I thoroughly expect to have a successful and lengthy career in the VHL. I have cherished my time here in Finland, but I wish to become one of the best goaltenders in the entire world. Declaring for the Victory Hockey League will enable me to constantly improve my craft, due to the intense competition, and impeccable coaching. I intend to work vigorously in the VHLM, and prove my worth to every VHL general manager who displays interest in my skill set.''

Once Salo officially arrives at the VHL offices, he will immediately be placed on VHLM waivers. Most teams will surely place a claim in for the Finnish product, as productive goalies are universally scarce within the aforementioned league. When asked about Salo's interest among other teams,  an anonymous VHLM GM declared

''I would expect immense activity surrounding himself, and numerous executives pushing for his services. Any team that is in dire need of a goalie, or depth in general, will be placing a claim on this kid. He has the potential to be a great VHL goalie, and most VHLM teams desire to mold such a promising young individual's career.''

Once claimed by a VHLM franchise, Salo will play the remaining season, and be officially drafted by both a VHLM and VHL team. When asked about potential VHL teams he would be most fond to play for, Salo stated,

''I would be honored to play for any team, but how could I not love the idea of playing for the Helsinki Titans? It would be an amazing experience to play for my country, in the most competitive hockey league in the world. Having my family watch me play on a consistent basis would be endearing, but probably expensive too. I am simply ecstatic to initiate my dreams of playing in the VHL, and preventing as many pucks possible, from entering my net.''

Only time will determine if Kimmo Salo formulates into an exceptional goaltender, but the arrow is undeniably pointing up.

Content: 3/3 - Welcome back to the league! You're right, a promising goaltender is always desired by just about every team in both the VHL and VHLM. A couple of elite VHL goalies are nearing the end of their career. Salo and a couple of other recent young goaltenders will have big shoes to fill in the next couple seasons.

Grammar: 1.75/2 - A couple problems with commas and other punctuation, but nothing big.

Tappara, of = Tappara of

size, and = size and

unpolished, and = unpolished and

GM declared = GM declared:

possible, from = possible from

Salo formulates = Salo becomes, Salo grows into, etc... 

Appearance: 1/1 - Colors. Nice.

Overall: 5.75/6

Content: 3/3 - Welcome back! If I'm lucky, I'll have a great prospect to work with in net this season!

Grammar: 1.75/2 - One other thing in addition to the boss man's:

preventing as many pucks possible, from entering my net. = preventing as many pucks as possible from entering my net.

Appearance: 1/1 - Oh, definitely.

Overall: 5.75/6 - A good start on your journey to the top!

FINAL: 6/6