Dragonslayer Adjusting to Bern, VHLM

Advantage

It has been a tough start to the campaign of Brock Dragonslayer in the VHLM.  One of the newest recruits to the league was claimed by the Yukon Rush who would quickly trade the young winger to the Bern Royals, a team who currently sits one point back of the Moscow Red Wolves for the top spot in the European Conference.  Dragonslayer joins the top offensive team in the league, with the Royals scoring a league-best 226 goals in 64 games.  However, Brock has not provided much offense since joining the European squad.

While playing over 24 minutes per game, Dragonslayer has recorded just one assist and zero goals in the seven games he has played.  Additionally, he is a -1 and has recorded ten hits.  “I just am still getting used to the league, and while I think my time is coming, I also believe at times I feel a little out of my element.”  The words show the frustration Brock is having with adjusting to the league, and it probably doesn’t help with how fellow recruit Franchise Cornerstone has faired.  Franchise has 7 points in 7 games and has looked every bit as good as advertised, while Dragonslayer struggles.  One scout had this to say on the situation: “We all knew Brock was a bit more raw than someone like Cornerstone.  Franchise has this skill-set built in already while Brock has all this potential that we do think he will eventually fulfill.  With that being said, he is also a bigger risk for that reason and will take longer to develop as well.”