Claimed:Regular season is over [Reviewed]

jRuutu

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGh8KFLnAZEuO4RqUirR9

Season 51, my first full year in the VHLM is now officially over. Or well, the regular season is, now we are getting ready to play some playoff hockey in Saskatoon! We had pretty solid year as a team, finished first overall in the standings, but also managed to steadily improve every week. That is the key if you want to win year after year, need to build that culture of winning and I think Saskatoon is starting to get there as one of the bigger teams in VHLM.

I´m not focusing to heavily on the next season right now, as mentioned the playoffs are starting soon. We have been having quite few meetings with the team to make sure everybody knows what is expected from them. Saskatoon was the best team in the VHLM this season, there was only two teams that reached the magical 100 points mark and Saskatoon was one of them. The second team was Moscow Red Wolves who finished 17 points behind us, so that tells you something about how well we played this year.

When you are so much better than everybody else in the league, it can lead to issues that you might not normally see.Players might not practice so hard or prepare for the games as well as they could. That is why its extremely crucial that the coaches of the team and older guys of the team to make sure everybody is on the same page. There is no room for bad games in the playoffs. One lost game can be all it takes for the other team to find a way back to the series and eventually go to the next round.

Personally I don´t have too many problems with getting ready for games or finding motivation, this is a important year for me, the VHL draft is after the playoffs and I need to bring my a-game in every shift. There is always someone watching these games, so many talented young guys on the ice and if you can play well, you might even end up getting drafted well before anybody expected. 

1297781469252_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

I´m not too worried about the draft still, I will keep on doing things like I have done before and see where that takes me. I know I can be a good player in the VHL some day, just need to hope I end up into a team that gives younger players a fair chance to show what they can do. It´s not easy for players from other countries to come over here and take a spot right away. Quite often they are put through a lot more than these Canadian and American players or that is what it feels like sometimes. I know I did not get any special treatment for being the new guy from Europe when I first came into Saskatoon, I still had to work as hard as everybody else, maybe even harder.

Hockey world is a cold world, only the toughest individuals will make it. Little bit of luck is always nice, need to be in the right place at the right time. 

Review:

I don't think there's any doubt Fabio will be a great player in the VHL. Sorry this has been waiting for a review for so long, not sure there are any media graders aside from me anymore. Grammar/Spelling/Everything checks out, keep it up, @jRuutu